Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is for Treasure, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 327

As a kid, I dreamed of digging up treasure chests piled with gold and jewels out of a sandy shore. However, as I've grown older, I've found that the treasures that matter the most aren't ones that can be stored in a box.


Treasured Blessings:


1.Eternal Salvation

2. Family fun moments when everyone laughs together

4. Forgiveness

5. A wonderful, loving marriage

6. Sweet daughters

7. Exciting experiences

8. Joy

9. Peace

10. Exhileration

11. Love

12. Faith

13. Hope

14. Friendship

15. Sunshine, sand, and warm waves

16. Writing

17. Reading

18. A well told story

19. Writing more . . .

20. Living life with all five senses, and a heart fully engaged.

Scripture Blessings:

"indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God."
Proverbs 2:3-5


Travel Blessings:
A treasured experience captured partly on video. This is a 90 second look at our manta ray snorkel experience, from the professional videographer diver.

2 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

I have an irrational frear of sea life. I just had a heart attack.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Read my books; lose ten pounds! - Sorry. I used to have panic attacks in open water - hyperventilating, wheezing, claw my way out of the water kind of panic attacks - because I was afraid of what was in there with me. After this trip, I don't think that will happen again. The amazing sights we've seen have helped me realize that most sea life is just doing it's own thing and not interested in me at all. However, my oldest daughter did get stung by a ribbon jellyfish yesterday, and we were thankful that it was an "easy" kind of sting with only a 20-30 minute rash and burn kind of reaction. She still got in the water again within an hour after it happened.