Wednesday, December 8, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 192

Giving Thanks and Praise for these blessings today:

1. Waking up slowly.

2. Reading the Word of God with my family.

3. Reading about the life of Amy Charmichael, a missionary.

4. Reading a fantastical, and inspirational short story at Mindflights this morning.
If you like fantasy with inspirational meaning packed into it, check out Tower of Heaven, Sword of Night

5. A colorful rainbow with glitter glue dots.

6. My oldest daughter's depiction of the Trojan horse.

7. The Gospel of Mark.

8. A well-made sword. (I have a picture of one for my novel collage that just popped up on my screen as I mulled over my blessings list)

9. Our beagles likes to sit under the Christmas tree . . . I guess he thinks he is the only present we need.

10. Jesus heals us.

Scripture Blessings:
"They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, 'Do you see anything?'

He looked up and said, 'I see people; they look like trees walking around.'

Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly."
Mark 8:22-25



From Amy Charmichael: A Life Abandoned to God
"Children were being rescued at the rate of one a month. The family totaled more than fifty now. Sometimes Amy laughed as she remembered her naive expectations. Never had she envisioned that instead of evangelizing, her mission would be to trim thousands of tiny toenails and fingernails."

Sometimes, we are called to the every day tasks.

5 comments:

Karen Lange said...

All of your blessings are wonderful, but number 9 is the one that made me chuckle. :)
Blessings to you and your gang,
Karen

Unknown said...

Beautiful blessings!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Karen - Thanks! We find our Beagle's antics pretty humorous too. Blessings!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alisa,
Thanks! I hope you are blessed today and every day!

Jill Kemerer said...

I love that your blessings include reading today. I'm reading a wonderful inspirational romance, and it's made my busy week better. :)