Wednesday, October 27, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 151

1. 151 Days of Blessings Counted. Wow!

2. Logic puzzles.

3. Pumpkin spice.

4. New Math curriculum that I really like, and my kids are finding ok.

5. Getting a "callback" for a poem that I sent out last week. I've been asked to make some changes, and try again!

6. Getting an e-mail from a poetry site that I like asking me (and all of their regular creative contributors) to submit three winter poems, since they are in need of winter poetry!

7. Hood by Stephen Lawhead. Good read, good history, with only one questionable scene near the end of the book when Bran (Robin Hood) slaps Marian. I really don't like that in any relationship, and so . . . loved the book until those last few pages. Even if Marian is a ninny at that point, slapping is just not ok. If not for that scene, I could have given the book a two thumbs up, 10 out of 10. Now, I'm not sure I'll read the sequel. However, I still am thankful for the rest of the book.

8. Helping my oldest daugther race through her Latin flashcards. 200 words in 3 and half minutes.

9. Fresh apple juice.

10. With God, all things are possible.

Scripture Blessings:Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"
Matthew 19:26

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Latin flashcards? I always wanted to learn Latin!!! Ugh! I wish I was you (or more appropriately her!)

Wow, 150 days of blessings....now that's dedication!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I know what you mean about the Latin . . . I haven't been learning with her, like I meant to, so I wish I had been paying more attention last year and at the beginning of this one. She has a Latin class at our homeschool co-op - one class a week, and four days of practice.

And the 150 days . . . well, dedication with determination, and a lot of grace thrown in there.
Hope you are having a great day Melissa!