Friday, July 9, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Days 39 and 40

365 Days of Blessings, Day 39 and Day 40

1. Godly Wisdom. I'm not sure I have it often, but I pray for guidance in this area daily for myself, my family, my church, and my country.

2. My husband's calm nature.

3. My husband's training in the Navy, and how it shines through him in certain situations.

4. Pain medication for head-splitting head-aches.

5. Our amazing friends, who lent us their car yesterday so we could drive from Washington, D.C. to Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.

6. Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.

7. The fun of writing with a quill pen and ink.

8. The silversmith at Colonial Williamsburg yesterday.

9. All the actors at Colonial Williamsburg yesterday.

10. The old hoop and stick game - my youngest and I enjoyed playing that for a while yesterday right after it rained.

11. Dressing up colonial style.

12. Being immersed in the time between 1765 and May 1776 by skilled actors, 156 buildings either from that time or refurbished with archeological expertise, horse drawn carriages, the sounds of pipe and drum, and the joy of people who love our country.

13. Understanding that although some of our forefathers were slave-owners, there was much debate during the time of country's birth about exactly what it meant for "all men, to be endowed with certain, natural rights." Not everyone wanted slavery, and the push for the abolition of slavery was beginning right there at the birth of our nation.

14. Being able to do laundry on vacation.

15. Fresh fruit: raspberries, grapes, blueberries, and bananas.

16. The Beethoven action figure that our friends bought at the Library of Congress gift shop.

17. The Librarian action figure we saw at the Folger Shakespeare Library. Should I go back and get it?

18. The wonderful imagination of an 8 year old boy. He's launching his cars into space today, and yesterday he saved his family from a lava pit by creating a bridge, and a safe haven.

19. Three little girls playing tea party with their dolls. (I'm so glad my 11 year old doesn't think she's too old yet).

20. Our friends' dog and cat, both very cuddly and playful. The only hard part about this is that I think we are missing our dogs and cat even more, but we know they are being spoiled with love and food by my parents as they house-sit for us.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hiden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same say, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

3 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

Love Williamsburg. Was it super hot? It's been scorching here! I also am very thankful for pain medication for my headaches.

Have a great weekend!

Angie said...

I want a Beethoven action figure! It all sounds so fun.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Jill - actually Williamsburg was a "cool" 95 instead of the 106 we experienced in D.C. - although wearing costumes was a bit much for our youngest daughter based on the heat.

Angie - Very fun! and now I'm regretting I didn't get one of those action figures too . . . but I did get a few D.C./Williamsburg/Mt. Vernon Christmas ornaments - that's my kind of souveneir - because I actually enjoy them over time.