Wednesday, February 3, 2010

reassurance

Last night and the night before, it seemed that my fears got the best of me . . . had me jumping at every little thing like the lights going out, a few odd noises, the dogs and cat acting a little strange.

The reality is, even though I have had some bad experiences in the past, complete with a phone stalker in high school and a few creepy ex-boyfriends, there is someone who I can rely on when I think I'm alone, when I'm worried or frightened.

In fact, I can say that I've been saved a few times by divine intervention.

So the question is, why do I fear? Why do I forget to trust in God?

As I thought about this while I woke this morning, a scripture came to mind, but I couldn't quite remember all of it . . . something about the devil circling like hungry lions . . .so I searched it out and here it is. . . another answer to my prayers.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your bothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Chirst, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:8-11

No comments: